Known as a browser hijacker, Astromenda Search can infect popular search engines such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Once you have discovered that your search page have been changed to Astromenda.com, this only means that your browser has been hijacked and replaced. However, using this browser hijacker creates many issues and unwanted redirecting when used, plus it has the capability to add several sponsored pages when you do your regular browsing activities. This program can give way to display lots of advertisements as you browse online which can involve any user in an unethical promotion.
This unwanted browser hijacker can be spread to different computers together with several no-cost program online. Generally, it is being added to the browser when you in the process of installing music/videos, pdf creators, and more. To prevent this from happening (block such infection), be cautious and watch the steps of installations. Be aware of the bundled tools with the application you are trying to get. It is also wise to read and understand the Terms and Agreements.
In case your browser has been corrupted, it would be possible to get your computer infected. Redirecting the user to malicious websites that can do harm through malware and other infections are possible. This is the reason, quick removal of Astromenda Search is necessary once you discovered your computer have it. You need to access the Control Panel, then the Add/Remove Program list.
Instructions How to Remove Astromenda Search
On Internet Explorer (the older version):
- Look for the arrow on the arrow on the right part of the search box.
- For Internet Explorer 8 and 9, select the Manage Search providers; while on Internet Explorer 7, you need to click the Change Search Defaults.
- Then Remove the Astromenda.com from the list you see.
On Internet Explorer 11:
- Go to the top right most, and click the Settings icon, then to the Manage Addons.
- Choose the Select Providers.
- Here, you can change default search engine to Google or Bing.
- When you can’t see any of these search providers, follow “Find more search providers” (you can see this at the bottom of your screen, then you can install Google.
On Mozilla Firefox:
- On the URL bar, type “about:config”, this will take you to the settings page.
- And on the search box, “Keyword.url”, then right-click and reset.
- Then in the search box once again, enter “browser.search.defaultengine”, then right-click and reset.
- Once more on the search box, enter the line “ browser.search.selectedengine”, and then right-click and reset.
- Now, on the search box, enter the line “browser.startup.homepage”, then right-click and reset it.
- Again, search for “browser.newtabl.url”, then right-click and reset. This command that the search page don’t launch or be activated on every new tab.
In case that the settings didn’t take effect, use a reliable and clean anti-malware scanner program; close the Mozilla Firefox, then open the File Explorer and type %AppData% in the address bar.
Enter the “user. j’s” in the search box, however if this file already exists, you can rename it and then start Mozilla Firefox once again. Repeat the steps given above.
On Google Chrome:
- In the upper right area of the screen, click the 3 small horizontal icon of Google.
- The a pull down window will appear, from there choose the Settings.
- And when the setting page appears, choose basics and then Manage Search engines.
- It will take to the list of search engines, just remove the unwanted ones there.
- Then go back to the Settings option. On the Startup select “Open blank page”, this is where you can remove the unwanted pages from your set pages link.
In case Astromeda.com page opens during your start up page, then do this:
- Go to your browser icon and right-click, then select Properties.
- Open the Short-cut tab.
- Then delete the Astromenda.com, part of the target field.