The cyber criminals are responsible for creating and designing browser hijacker named Groovorio.com. The known internet search engines such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer is not excuse to get affected by it. When it got a change to get into your computer system, it has the ability to change your homepage including your default search provider and will become Grooovorio.com. The users can’t even know when it is already installed on their computer, and made the changes within the system. The browser hijacker can commonly infect when you avail a free download online (it could be as music, videos, movies and so on).
The Groovorio.com may look to function just like any search engines, however, the advertisement is really hard not to notice. During your activities when you are searching online, lots of sponsored websites will come along, because the browser hijacker such as Groovorio.com goal is to increase the traffic of their sponsors and advertise as well. For this, it is considered an unwanted program.
When you noticed an extraordinary change (as mentioned above) when you are using your computer settings, then the removal of Groovorio.com must be done immediately. It is also best not to use unknown search providers, especially those that won’t ask your permission to be installed. You need to be extra careful when it comes to downloading programs online, at the same time, never agree to alter your starting page or put an extra program which is unfamiliar to you.
When it comes to removing the unwanted program of Groovorio.com, you need to go to the Control Panel, then proceed to the Add/Remove programs list and then you can uninstall there any program/software related to the said domain.
On Internet Explorer (previous versions)
- Look for the arrow on the right of the search box.
- For the Internet Explorer 8 to 9, select the Manage Search providers, while on the Internet Explorer 7, just click the Change Search Defaults.
- Then Remove the Groovorio.com from the list.
On Internet Explorer 11:
- Proceed to the top right of the screen and click on the Settings icon, then go to Manage Addons.
- And choose Search Providers.
- On this part, change the default search engine to Google or Bing.
- In case there is no available search providers suggested, just follow “Find more search providers” (in the bottom part of the screen) and install Google Chrome.
On Mozilla Firefox:
- To open the setting page, you should go to the URL bar and type “about:config”.
- In the search box, enter “Keyword.url”, then right-click and reset.
- Once more, in the search box, type “browser.search.defaultengine, and then right-click and reset.
- In the search box again, enter “browser.startup.homepage”, then right-click and reset.
- This time, you need to be sure that the search page would not launch on every new tab, to do this, search for “browser.newtab.url”, then right-click and reset.
- In case the settings didn’t take effect, use a clean and trusted anti-malware program. Close Mozilla Firefox, then open file of the Explorer and enter in the address bar this “%AppData% “. When this file already exists, then you can rename it and then start Firefox again. Then repeat the steps give above.
On Google Chrome:
- Locate the three small horizontal lines, click this icon on the browser toolbar.
- Then choose Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Choose Basics and then Manage Search engines.
- Remove unwanted search engine from the list.
- Then you need to go back to Settings, and then on the Startup choose “Open blank page” (this is where you can remove unwanted pages from the set pages link).
- In case your New Tab page is altered, you can use a trusted and clean anti-malware program or you can use the New Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers).
When your browser continues to open Groovorio.com page when you start up, you can try this method to delete it:
- You need to right-click your browser icon, and select Properties.
- Open the Short Cut tab.
- Then delete the Groovorio.com part of the target field.