CustomeSearchPlus.com is distributed through free downloads and falls to be considered as a browser hijacker. It can connect closely to Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. When it has the chance to get installed, it can make modifications that don’t need the approval of the users where they can manipulate in some way while working with your computer.
In an obvious way, the real purpose of CustomSearchPlus.com infection is to promote sponsored websites and gain traffic (which will give them ranking position). This way, it can put these websites to your search results as you click their links. This browser hijacker can’t directly damage your computer, hence, using untruthful methods to manipulate and advertise affiliate websites are ways of unwanted program.
Installing freeware to your computer, which may include CustomSearchPlus.com along with the bundled programs that goes with it. While on some downloadable website, it can be added to a custom installer, just like CNET, Brothersoft or Softonic. This is the reason, you should take precaution when you would like to download freeware and you should carefully watch every step of the installation of the software you want to avail. And in case, in the process of installation and you saw something about additional download of free software (aside from the one you want to install), deselect that program.
Removing the CustomSearchPlus.com, you should first go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs list and there,you can uninstall it from the list. You should delete all the programs added that have the same date when the problem start to manifest.
Steps to Remove CustomSearchPlus.com Infection:
On Internet Explorer (previous versions)
- Look for the arrow on the right of the search box.
- For the Internet Explorer 8 to 9, select the Manage Search providers, while on the Internet Explorer 7, just click the Change Search Defaults.
- Then Remove the CustomSearchPlus.com from the list.
On Internet Explorer 11:
- Proceed to the top right of the screen and click on the Settings icon, then go to Manage Addons.
- And choose Search Providers.
- On this part, change the default search engine to Google or Bing.
- In case there are no available search providers suggested, just follow “Find more search providers” (in the bottom part of the screen) and install Google Chrome.
On Mozilla Firefox:
- To open the setting page, you should go to the URL bar and type “about:config”.
- In the search box, enter “Keyword.url”, then right-click and reset.
- Once more, in the search box, type “browser.search.defaultengine, and then right-click and reset.
- In the search box again, enter “browser.startup.homepage”, then right-click and reset.
- This time, you need to be sure that the search page would not launch on every new tab, to do this, search for browser.newtab.url”, then right-click and reset.
- In case the settings didn’t take effect, use a clean and trusted anti-malware program. Close Mozilla Firefox, then open file of the Explorer and enter in the address bar this “%AppData% “. When this file already exists, then you can rename it and then start Firefox again. Then repeat the steps give above.
On Google Chrome:
- Locate the three small horizontal lines, click this icon on the browser toolbar.
- Then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- Choose Basics and then Manage Search engines.
- Remove unwanted search engine from the list.
- Then you need to go back to Settings, and then on the Startup choose “Open blank page” (this is where you can remove unwanted pages from the set pages link).
- In case your New Tab page is altered, you can use a trusted and clean anti-malware program or you can use the New Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers).
When your browser continues to open CustomSearchPlus.com page when you start up, you can try this method to delete it:
- You need to right-click your browser icon, and select Properties.
- Open the Short Cut tab.
- Then delete the CustomSearchPlus.com part of the target field.