Another browser hijacker named as Get-search.com, where it can affect popular search engines like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. At first sight, this may seem a normal search engine which can provide several services through a web search whether it’s about image, video, games and so on. Unfortunately, this program uses tricky methods to alter your search provider and then corrupts the search result by adding many sponsored links.
When users avail a free download online commonly is the way Get-search.com can get installed in computers. It goes to the free players, the PDF creators and some similar programs. When you didn’t watch the steps of installation of these programs, there is a possibility to miss you are already installing Get-search.com. During the installation, it is better to select the Custom installation, this will make sure you won’t be adding unwanted programs on your computer.
Just in case Get-search.com is already installed to your computer and alter your homepage, same as your search provider, this mean you have been infected. When this happens, you’ll notice rampant redirecting you to unknown pages, commonly on advertisement sites. And this doesn’t end there, for this program can track your browsing activities which allow the third parties access such information. This result in unavoidable ads and unethical marketing whenever you use your computer. This is the main reason, you should Get-search.com should be removed from your computer’s system as soon as possible.
Removing this browser hijacker usually is done by going to the Control Panel, then the Add/Remove programs list, and then you can uninstall from there related to the domain in the list. Then you can uninstall the resetting in your browsers and the unwanted extensions by following the steps below.
Instructions for the Removal of Get-search.com Infection:
On Internet Explorer (previous versions)
- Look for the arrow on the right of the search box.
- For the Internet Explorer 8 to 9, select the Manage Search providers, while on the Internet Explorer 7, just click the Change Search Defaults.
- Then Remove the CustomSearchPlus.com from the list.
On Internet Explorer 11:
- Proceed to the top right of the screen and click on the Settings icon, then go to Manage Addons.
- And choose Search Providers.
- On this part, change the default search engine to Google or Bing.
- In case there are no available search providers suggested, just follow “Find more search providers” (in the bottom part of the screen) and install Google Chrome.
On Mozilla Firefox:
- To open the setting page, you should go to the URL bar and type “about:config”.
- In the search box, enter “Keyword.url”, then right-click and reset.
- Once more, in the search box, type “browser.search.defaultengine, and then right-click and reset.
- In the search box again, enter “browser.startup.homepage”, then right-click and reset.
- This time, you need to be sure that the search page would not launch on every new tab, to do this, search for “browser.newtab.url”, then right-click and reset. In case the settings didn’t take effect, use a clean and trusted anti-malware program. Close Mozilla Firefox, then open file of the Explorer and enter in the address bar this “%AppData% “. When this file already exists, then you can rename it and then start Firefox again. Then repeat the steps give above.
On Google Chrome:
- Locate the three small horizontal lines, click this icon on the browser toolbar.
- Then choose Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Choose Basics and then Manage Search engines.
- Remove unwanted search engine from the list.
- Then you need to go back to Settings, and then on the Startup choose “Open blank page” (this is where you can remove unwanted pages from the set pages link).
- In case your New Tab page is altered, you can use a trusted and clean anti-malware program or you can use the New Remove shortcut hijack (all browsers).
When your browser continues to open CustomSearchPlus.com page when you start up, you can try this method to delete it:
- You need to right-click your browser icon, and select Properties.
- Open the Short Cut tab.
- Then delete the CustomSearchPlus.com part of the target field.