Antivirus 360 is the latest in a string of fake security clients to hit the market in 2009. This is a BOGUS security program that shows false positives. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PROGRAM. The name of this virus is trying to trick users into thinking it’s part of Norton 360 made by Symantec. They are simply trying to gain off of brand name recognition. In the vast majority of cases those who got infected with Antivirus 360 got it from a trojan down-loader virus that then auto installed this rouge security application. Users who are infected with this virus need to run a full scan using their favorite security product. The makers of this program make money every time someone purchases the fake client. Do not support this kind of evil and do not purchase the fake program. This program will auto scan on start up and show bogus scan results as well as other types of messages in an effort to scare the user into purchasing the program. People who are infected may also notice pop-ups as well as browser re-directs. Security updates as well as other website may also be blocked.
Some symptoms of Antivirus 360:
* Bogus Scan results * Auto Scans on Start-up * Warning coming out of a fake shield in the system tray * pop-ups and re-directs to the fake software’s website * constant warnings of being infected as well as false statements of other trojans
Manual removal instructions for Antivirus 360 ( Please read our disclaimer bellow )
Delete registry values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “13376694984709702142491016734454″
- c:\\Program Files\\A360 %UserProfile%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Quick Launch\\Antivirus 360.lnk
- %UserProfile%\\Desktop\\Antivirus 360.lnk
- %UserProfile%\\Start Menu\\Antivirus 360
- %UserProfile%\\Start Menu\\Antivirus 360\\Antivirus 360.lnk
- %UserProfile%\\Start Menu\\Antivirus 360\\Help.lnk %UserProfile%\\Start Menu\\Antivirus 360\\Registration.lnk
- c:\\Program Files\\A360\\av360.exe
- %program_files%\A360 ( Delete All contents
Please keep in mind that viruses mutate and change all the time. Do expect the above to change around a little. However this guide should work well for you and any experienced pro will be able to follow it and figure out the traces if they mutate. If you do not feel comfortable deleting files and the like then consider using an antivirus client.