AvCare is a fake security that shows only bogus scan results. Users infected with this virus will notice a fake security shield as well as the program auto scanning on start-up. As well users may be re-directed in a web browser to the makers home page in an effort to get the user to purchase this fake product. People who are infected with AVCare need to run a full scan using their favorite security client.
In most cases people got AVCare from a trojan down-loader program that auto installed this fake security client. Infected users most likely have several other viruses installed on their computer as well. Here are some of the fake warnings you may encounter when interacting with this program. “Warning!!! Your computer contains various signs of viruses and malware programs presence. Your system requires immediate antivirus check! AvCare will perform a quick and free scanning of your PC for viruses and malicious programs.” “Your system is infected! AVCare detected 10 system security threads on your PC.
Detected malicious programs can damage your PC and compromise your privacy. It is strongly recommended to remove these threats immediately.” “Warning Your system is infected! 10 dangerous objects have been found during last system scan. It is strongly recommended to remove them immediately.” “Remote Attack Alert! Unknown host tries to establish connection to your PC using restricted ports. This may be internet virus or other type of malicious or spyware program.” AVCare is a virus and needs to be removed at once. This is a fake security client. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BOGUS CLIENT.
Some symptoms of AVCare:
* Bogus Scan results * Auto Scans on Start-up * Warning coming out of a fake shield in the system tray * pop-ups and re-directs to the fake software’s website * constant warnings of being infected as well as false statements of other trojans
Manual removal instructions for AVCare ( Please read our disclaimer bellow )
Delete registry values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AV Care
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AV Care
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “AV Care”
- AV Care.lnk
- c:\Program Files\AV Care ( Delete all files in this directory )
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\AV Care
Please keep in mind that viruses mutate and change all the time. Do expect the above to change around a little. However this guide should work well for you and any experienced pro will be able to follow it and figure out the traces if they mutate.